Home of the BRONCOS
Shawn Brooks, Principal • Janelle Griffiths, TSA
1245 North 800 West, Orem, Utah 84057 * 801-610-8101
Overview of Bonneville’s Title I Plan
Bonneville Elementary is designated as a Title I School. The major factor that determines a school’s designation is the percentage of students on Free/Reduced Lunch. Bonneville’s percentage of those qualifying for Free/Reduced lunch is 54%.
When a school becomes a Title I school, they are awarded Federal Dollars based on our percentage of Free/Reduced lunch counts. The school uses that money to hire teachers, to hire highly qualified teacher assistants, increase teacher professional development, and to provide interventions for students to succeed academically.
Bonneville’s first school goal this year is to see an increase of 10% in overall reading proficiency of students, as compared with last year’s growth. The teachers and staff are committed to meet this goal by providing the following interventions:
- Provide quality initial instruction in the classroom
- Intervene with targeted interventions in a timely manner – Double Dose program
- Invest in teacher growth by holding professional development trainings from BYU
- Purchase additional technology (i.e. iPads and Chromebooks) to help provide learning opportunities to students.
Bonneville’s second goal this year is to increase our 3rd through 6th grade student’s proficiency in mathematics by 10% from last year’s SAGE testing scores. We plan to meet this goal by:
- Giving teachers professional training in math instruction and assessment (June, 2015)
- Provide quality math instruction in the classroom
- Intervene with targeted math interventions in a timely manner – Double Dose program (Track 3)
- Hire a para-professional during each math class for students who struggle
- Purchase additional technology (i.e. iPads, Chromebooks, Promethean boards, and the iReady math program) to help students with math instruction opportunities.
The actual Title I Plan will be available from Mr. Brooks, in late September, upon request. Please contact us with any questions or concerns regarding Title I, or better yet, come and join School Community Council to help make decisions for our students and Title I funding.