Home of the BRONCOS
Jami Dawson, Principal • Courtney Knight, TSA
1245 North 800 West, Orem, Utah 84057 * 801-610-8101
August 13, 2021
Dear Bonneville Families,
Bonneville Elementary is designated as a Title 1 school. Title 1 is a federally funded grant program. The purpose of Title 1 is to provide additional support for schools that serve children who have risk factors like poverty and high mobility. Research has demonstrated that these factors make it more difficult for children to be successful in school. The major factor that determines this designation is the percentage of students on Free/Reduced Lunch. Our percentage is around 45%. Eligible schools get an amount of money based on the number of students in the school who qualify for Free/Reduced Lunch. Applications must be submitted each year and are available in the school office or you may apply online here. Applications are kept confidential and are sent directly to the district for processing. We encourage all families who wish to apply to do so.
Principals, teachers, and parents develop a plan for how they can use the funding so that all students can achieve their highest potential. That funding is used at Bonneville for:
- Highly qualified paraprofessionals that provide academic interventions and support under the direction of certified teachers
- Providing for a behavior teacher, additional extended day Kindergarten session, and additional teachers
- Professional development for teachers with an emphasis on building an effective professional learning community, bolstering Tier I reading instruction, and providing support to the social and emotional needs of students
- Technology devices and other materials used to support learning (iPads, Chromebooks, projectors, STEAM supplies, etc.)
- Online programs and educational materials and supplies to support learning
We look forward to working with you as we strive to meet the educational needs of your students. Thank you for your support of Bonneville Elementary!
Principal, Bonneville Elementary